Thursday, November 15, 2012

What are YOU Grateful for TODAY?!

     In November we have one day set aside in which to meet with our families, eat, and be thankful for all we have.  One day. I've never understood that. I know the history behind the holiday, yes. But- why just set aside ONE DAY to CELEBRATE the things in our lives for which we are thankful? 
     I started a "tradition" last year on Facebook for November, calling it "Thanksgiving Month;" I challenge my friends, family, and myself to post whatever we're grateful for that day, every day of the month. WOW! That's 30 days of something to be thankful for! Imagine that! In this exercise, I have stretched out my thinking cap, and used it to ponder what I am grateful for every day for 30 days, and I have also challenged others to do the same.
     There is an energetic vibration that goes along with gratitude.  It is a fast moving, healing vibration. These vibrations not only occur in our bodies, they emanate outward. Think: what happens when someone smiles at you? You have the sudden urge to smile at them, or at least I hope you do... So these energetic vibrations emanating from your body are felt unconsciously by others around you.  And if they're in a gratitude vibration, they're passing that along as well! Imagine if the world caught on to this? A truly magnificent shift could occur! Believe it.


     I was told the other day by a friend, that we should give thanks for the things we don't like about ourselves. It is a positive way of healing and moving forward when one is (like me, oftentimes) "stuck in a rut." I must add to this: not only give thanks for these things, but stop and ponder what you have learned because you had the "problem" in the first place. Are the "problems" then perhaps considered learning opportunities? 
     Another friend of mine learned to call her cancer a "health opportunity." These "problems" we have are all learning opportunities if we allow them to be such. Once we have thanked our health opportunities, and paused to consider what they may have taught us, we are then vibrating at a higher level, and our entire being will feel different. Better! Imagine what would happen if we kept sharing this gift of information with others we feel could use it? How many people could be blessed by this knowledge?
     OK, so- why stop at stating (writing is a great way to track progress as well) what we are thankful for in November only? Could we not multiply the healing vibration? Yes, I am quite sure we can! We can find something to be thankful for every single day! If the healing energetic vibration causes us to feel good, why stop after 30 days? I know, I have... But, when I look back over the past year, I know that I felt different last November for those days that I challenged myself to find one thing each day to give thanks for.


     That difference was a really good example to myself, of what I could have. Who wouldn't want that? I know that there are a few people out there like myself who are struggling with being addicted to the negative chemicals our brains pump out when we are depressed, angry, lonely, whatever. It is not easy to admit, nor is it easy to move forward out of a state of low energetic vibration. Sometimes it is hard for us to even want to get out of bed, and we are at a loss as to what we can do to get out of the Hell we are in. 
     Finding out that we put ourselves there is even harder to swallow. If we can come to this conclusion, and accept it, then we are more apt to accept that WE CAN CHANGE IT. We can move forward. It will not be easy, but it can be done, I saw it in a gal last night while in my weekly Anger Management class. At the beginning of the year, she was in misery. Almost without hope, poisoning herself with anger that held her back. She took the anger management classes, and what she got out of them were tools that helped her start working to change herself, which in turn changed her situation for the better. 
     She hit a snag along the line (as we do!), and the court has since sent her back to the class, but this did not stop her, like it would have me. She kept forging on (moving forward) beginning her day with stating "This is going to be a fabulous day!" Every day. She also said what really helped her, aside from making sure all of the tools she had learned in the class were close to her in her handy binder, was stating 10 things with which she was grateful- every day. 
     Ten things every day! Holy Toledo! She admitted that while her life was not perfect, she was happy with it. She has a job, and she has a reason to wake up every morning. She stated that she owed it not only to her children to get out of bed, but she owed it to herself. She was an inspiration to me. She was right there, in the flesh, smiling; and I felt a different vibration coming from her when we were in our group. It was different than mine and the other class member's. It was good. And I can have that. We all can! I intend to be in an attitude of gratitude this day, this month, and every day hereafter because I owe it to myself, my family, and my Creator! 
     So- What are you thankful for today? Tomorrow? Every Day?! Let's celebrate our gratitude every single day!




Namaste!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment